The Oakes Training Center, Oak Grove, Miss. –
SOUTHERN STATES SOCCER AND ALL OUR PROGRAMS ARE CURRENTLY SUSPENDED UNTIL APRIL 30th IN LINE WITH US SOCCER GUIDELINES
Dear Southern States Families,
Southern States Soccer has been monitoring the COVID-19 pandemic closely and has been in communication with state and local officials. It has been advised that we suspend all play (including games and training) for all members for the next few weeks. Thus, based on all of the information we have received, and in the interest of the health and safety of all of our members and families, we are suspending all games and training (including Little Kickers, Pre-Academy, PDC, Academy, and adult programs) until further notice.
Please monitor this CDC web page, which has important information about how coronavirus spreads, its symptoms, FAQs, global locations with COVID-19, travel advisories and more. Simple, preventive actions should be followed, such as:
• Avoid gatherings with large crowds.
• Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
• Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
• Avoid shaking hands while at work or in the community. Keep a safe social distance from others.
• Stay home when you are sick.
• Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
• Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
• Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing. If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60 percent alcohol. Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty.
We will continue to support our members as we get through this uncertain time. Remember that the preventative measures that you take don’t just protect yourself and your family. They also go a long way in protecting people around you who may be more susceptible to COVID-19 and the associated complications.
Thank you for your attentiveness to this matter. We will keep you informed and update you if any further changes need to take place.
Rambod Rouhbakhsh, MD, MBA
President, Southern States Soccer